WHAT WE DO
The mission of FLAG is to support educationally sound programs for the gifted learners of Florida through exchanging information, promoting research, supporting constructive changes in all areas of gifted education, and cooperating with other local, state and national agencies in reaching mutual goals and objectives in support of gifted education.
• Acts as a clearinghouse for information dealing with the educational issues facing gifted learners and creates a greater awareness of statewide issues affecting the gifted.
• Supports year-round advocacy efforts to protect the interests of gifted students and provides support for regional activities and events.
• Provides leadership and fosters advances in the education of the gifted by being responsive to the needs of our membership.
• Encourages best practices in education standards and delivery to better enable gifted learners to achieve positive disintegration.
• Facilitates sharing among teachers, parents, administrators and experts in the field to encourage increased awareness of the needs of this unique population.
unprecedented time, FLAG will do its best to keep those of you who are crisis-schooling updated with resources and the latest news from Florida Department of Education.